This has been a firm favourite of mine that I have shared with a few but that I am happy to share with all Gin Gin & Dry enthusiasts. Once you have made it you will realise that it is super easy to throw together on a Sunday night after the dishes ready for the working week kids or your own lunch box. Post your comments on facebook.
- 1 cup (100g) Shredded Green Apple
- 1 cup (150g) Shredded Mango
- 2 cups (150g) cereal*
- 100g butter
- 100g marshmallows
*use any muesli, corn flakes, sultana bran, honey wheats etc that is in your cupboard. Great to get rid of bits and pieces of cereal.
- Mix dried fruit and cereal together
- Melt butter and marshmallows stirring until all the marshmallows are melted into the butter
- Stir through dried ingredients and press into tin. Press down hard into the tin flattening with the back of a spoon or spatula so that everything binds well. Refrigerate until hard.
- After cutting, individual bars can be drizzled with white or dark chocolate or small choc chips pressed into to make them irresistible for the child lunch box.
Variations: you can make the versions different every time by adding: dried Strawberry, torn dried Pineapple, almonds, macadamias, sesame seeds, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, garam marsala, pepitas, peanut butter, currants or any other favourite bites.